Intensive Workshop on Business Writing Skills at Lalit Mumbai | Learn Business Writing Skills | Learn How to write powerful E-mails, Letters, Reports, and Proposals that get results
Intensive Workshop on Business Writing Skills
How to write powerful E-mails, Letters,
Reports, and Proposals that get results
7 July 2012 The Lalit, MUMBAI
There are many ways people communicate with each other. Written communication can be formal, informal, and can convey emotion not just by words but by the style of writing (nice handwriting versus big black block letters for example). When in person, most communication is done non verbally through body language. Our facial expressions, hand movements, body movements, all tell a much bigger part of the story than our words do. This programme will focus upon the written element which has become increasingly more important as a business imperative.
Recently with the advent of blogging, Facebook, Twitter and others, writing correctly and appropriately has seen a huge resurgence. The deliberate error and abbreviation style of SMS has even changed with the more modern and effective versions of predictive text available in smart phone technology. Suddenly, people are more aware of the importance of writing again and taking greater pride in their own.
Who should attend?
• People at various levels within their organisation whose role involves decision making and the communication of their decisions with impact and influence to all levels of the organisation including customers or suppliers.
• Those who wish to raise the quality of their written business communication and evolve their style from the largely inappropriate and abbreviated text style of SMS.
• Those who wish to express themselves well whether personally or professionally and through effective writing in particular.
On completion you should be able to:
• Utilise professional writing techniques that help you overcome writer’s block and complete every writing project faster and easier.
• Get support and approval for your ideas with Proposals, Letters, and Memos that inform and persuade your reader.
• Use sure-fire tips for writing tough assignments — “bad news” memos, complaint letters, memos to top management, and more.
• Discove r Professional Writing Strategies that help you tackl e even the most complex writing projects with ease and communicate more effectively using the written word.
• Gain new information through effective written questioning techniques.
• Pick up hidden messages in reading between the lines.
• Listen for feelings as well as meaning and yes you can do this through interpreting people’s writing.
• Increase you confidence when communicating through the written word.
This practical course will provide techniques to enhance all aspects of writing skills, ensuring effective communication and an awareness of the messages individuals are really sending.
The following techniques will be used:
1. Instructor led facilitation
2. Partner exercises
3. Syndicate exercises
4. Small group discussion
5. Brainstorming – leading to . . .
6. Large group discussion
7. Activity participation
8. Writing and preparing objectives and outcomes
9. Questions and answers
11. Visual aids
This course will enabl e delegates to develop appropriate and practical skills, which will quickly increase their confidence, assurance, authenticity and effectiveness when communicating with others. It will develop the written communication skills people already have and the things they already do well, rather than focusing on what’s wrong or what needs to be fixed.
You don’t have to learn a whole bunch of radically new things. Delegates will learn and reinforce their knowledge and tools to improve clarity and acceptance of interaction to begin improving the written communication atmosphere and culture within their organisation to the mutual benefit of all concerned.
Mr. Drew Price
• With about 40 years of total coaching experience including sports and business, this facilitator knows the subject of leadership well. He travels from Witham, United Kingdom.
• Having worked with and for leaders of varying credentials himself, he has used his unique powers of curiosity and observation with leaders to determine what works and what definitely does not.
• As a sales tea m leade r in two different industries and having practical experience with sales leaders in a number of other situations this presenter draws from a wide base of experiences on the nature and characteristics of successful leadership.
• A variety of International experiences with leaders in the United States Navy, railroading, medical centers, real estate, aviation engineering, training organizations, First Nation organizations, local authorities or city government, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, bottlers & water quality industry, hote l & hospitality, automotive, trucking & transportation, international courier, multi-level & direct sales, petroleum, financial, insuran ce, forestry, and entrepreneurial organisations provides the very broad basis for his conclusions.
• He presents his message through stories, anecdotes, illustrations, and humou r. His own inspirational honesty and sincerity drive it home and move people to take that action.
• He has developed his personal business using the same methods he teaches others, through personal relationships and referrals and through getting results for his clients. Because of the personal impact of his message on his audience, he is often asked back for further engagements and over 95 per cent of his business comes from referrals.
• DREW’S RECENT CLIENTS
Barclays Bank | BBC | Bell Canada | Bowen Personnel | British Airways | Business Development Bank of Canada | Canadian Tire – Dealers Association | Centaur Products Inc | Century 21 Canada | Dairyworld Foods | DHL World Wide Express | Fiel d Aviation | Ford Motor Company | GSK – Glaxo Smith Kline | Heinz Ford Mercury | Houses of Common | ICG Propane | Intertek Group PLC | Kent Police Service | Leeds Tech | MacKimmie Mathews | Canada Summit | Molson Breweries | NESCOT | | Pepsi Cola | Sodexho | Spartan Controls | Speed Networking | St Patrick Hospital – Louisiana | Standens | Tupperware | Watkins Inc | Mexican Convention |
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm , Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
• Fees: Rs. 7,900/- +12.36 % service tax per person
• Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org / Call -022 66976892
• Mention the name of participant, company, contact details .
• Cheque favouring Princeton Academy Mumbai II Pvt. Ltd. payable at Mumbai.
• Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.
Princeton Academy Mumbai II
Leaders in Executive Educatio n
502 Shalimar Morya Park, Andheri Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai- 400053.
Tel- 022-66976892, 67256200. Delhi- 9312715500. Fax- 022-40166351
Service Tax No- AAECP5617MST001