Samsung announced its first Windows Phone 8 powered smartphone, the Samsung ATIV S, on August 29, 2012 during a press conference ahead of the IFA trade show in Berlin.
The smart phone is powered by the upcoming new version of Microsoft’s mobile operating system, the ATIV S features a dual-core 1.5GHz processor, a 4.8-inch high-definition Super AMOLED display, 1GB of RAM, microSDHC support, an 8-megapixel camera, and a 2,300 mAh battery. It is 8.7 mm thick and weighs 135 grams.
Key Specs of Samsung ATIV S :
- 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- OS Windows Phone 8
- 8MP camera with LED Flash, 1.9 Megapixel front-facing camera
- 8.7 mm thick and weighs 135g
- 1GB RAM, 16/32GB User memory, expandable memory with microSD
- 3G (HSPA+42Mbps), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Channel Bonding, NFC, Bluetooth 3.0, aGPS
- 2300mAh Li-ion battery
- GPS A-GPS Glonass
- Content Features & Services Samsung ChatOn mobile communication service Samsung Hub – Music Hub – Media Hub (US only) Samsung Zone (in Windows Phone Marketplace) Photo Editor Mini Diary Now (Daily Briefing)
Pricing and launch details are not yet available.